The Pixel Mill
To support the sustainable growth of the games sector and companies utilising creative technology working across the screen industries, Northern Ireland Screen is establishing an incubation space, a community hub and a business coaching programme known as, THE PIXEL MILL.
THE PIXEL MILL 2019
Northern Ireland Screen is inviting applications from companies to take part in The Pixel Mill’s 2019/20 programme.
Successful applicants will receive support to build their teams, market their capabilities and navigate third party relations.
KEY AIMS OF THE PIXEL MILL:
- Support a sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland.
- Provide games business with the support to access external finance.
- Prepare teams for taking their concepts through to production and to release.
- Develop high quality teams and projects that are aligned to opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Up to 12 months free access to incubation space and facilities.
- Weekly coaching to address Business, Marketing, Operating and Partner milestones.
- Invitation to apply to the Northern Ireland Screen Fund to develop projects that support agreed business goals.
- Pitch for platform, tech and marketing support.
- Access to extensive user testing facilities to gather feedback for projects.
- Opportunity to pitch for production funding of £100k through the Assembler programme.
- Invitation to UK/EU market trade delegations.
Companies going through this programme will be encouraged to attract additional finance to their project either through revenue, crowd sourcing or investment.
The programme is aimed at:
- Limited companies.
- Teams with clearly defined production, creative and technical roles.
- Involved in the development of Interactive Entertainment.
- Available for weekly meetings and reviews on site at THE PIXEL MILL.
Companies must provide:
- Covering letter.
- Business Plan to include:
- Mission & Vision Statement.
- Marketing Plan.
- Operating Plan.
- Cashflow Forecast.
- Equal Opportunities policy.
- GDPR Policy document.
KEY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- The quality of the proposed Business plan including Marketing, Operations and Cashflow.
- Viability of the proposed Business plan within the capabilities of the team.
- Credits of the Key Personnel on shipped projects.
To support the development of application materials, Northern Ireland Screen is hosting a series of short pre-start taster sessions at The Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS, Northern Ireland, and applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
|31 January 2019||Introduction to Working with Publishers||10 am to noon|
|4 February 2019||Introduction to Commercial Game Development||2:00pm to 4pm|
|14 February 2019||Introduction to Marketing for Games||10 am to noon|
|25 February 2019||Introduction to Operations||10.00am to noon|
|4 March 2019||Closing deadline for receipt of applications||9.00am|
|8 March 2019||Successful applicants notified and contracted|
|8 April 2019||2019/20 cohort move and start date|
Pre-application meetings with Northern Ireland Screen’s Interactive Executive are strongly encouraged, to arrange pre-application meeting and to attend the taster session please contact Donal Phillips ([email protected]) or call 028 9023 2444.
Publishers and distribution partners will be invited to review projects and to feedback to developers. There will be no commitment to publish projects and partners can withdraw from the process at any time.
All applicants must submit their application documents and supporting material by Monday 4 March at 9am via email to [email protected].
Failure to provide the requested supporting documentation will result in your application being eliminated.