Hat Trick Company Placement Trainee
Do you binge-watch Derry Girls? Can you answer any specialist subject questions on Mastermind or Celebrity Mastermind?
Would you love a job in TV but just can’t get a foot in the door? We want to break down the barriers that have prevented you from getting any further.
Hat Trick Productions is one of the most successful TV companies in the UK and with support from Northern Ireland Screen, we are on the lookout for a talented Trainee to join the Belfast-based Drama and Entertainment team for 12 months.
This is our ‘most wanted’ list, is this you?
- Have a fresh, new and interesting voice?
- Love watching comedy, drama and entertainment TV programmes?
- Reliable, punctual with the ability to work hard in harmony with a team?
- Keen to listen and learn about TV production?
- Eager to share your opinions and ideas on drama, comedy and quiz?
- Have bags of enthusiasm and can cope with changing demands?
- Have great attention to detail and can prioritise your workload?
This is a paid placement scheme (RLW) as part of our skills development programme, COMPANY PLACEMENT SCHEME, and will run between September 2021 – August 2022.
Duties will vary but may include the following kinds of activities:
- Assisting with administration associated with question writing, contestant research and production management;
- Assisting on studio days;
- Placements with craft departments – costume, make up, art department;
- Practical and administrative support to location management and assistant directors;
- Administrative support to script supervision;
- Placements and observation with technical departments – camera, sound, lighting and post production.
- Completing set research tasks relating to new ideas development (fact-checking, question writing, contestant sourcing, new stories etc);
- Writing format treatments (paper pitches) and assisting the Senior Executives with the production of pitch tapes, pilots, script reading and reporting;
- Keeping the ‘ideas slate’ up to date;
- Staying abreast of topical developments in the TV or digital format, collating these for general distribution or discussion.
- A keen interest in film and television, drama, writing or art.
- Able to juggle changing situations and manage your time well.
- Good with people and can communicate well.
- Organised and able to work as part of a team or on occasions on your own.
For more information and to apply click HERE.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon on Friday 6th August
NB: Due to the high volume of applications Northern Ireland Screen receive, unfortunately we are unable to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.