StoryFutures to run Immersive Bootcamp
Date Posted: January 6, 2020
‘How to Become an Immersive Creator’ is a bootcamp from The National Centre for Immersive Storytelling, in association with TRC. The bootcamp takes place on 26th and 27th February 2020 at InGAME, Dundee and is an exciting opportunity for creative professionals working in film, television, theatre or games who are keen to explore immersive storytelling. It will be a fast-paced intensive 2-day introduction to the skills and knowledge required to become an Immersive Creative.
What’s on offer?
- Gain an understanding of the landscape and what is happening in immersive production
- Get up to speed with the potentials of VR/AR and MR, and the technologies, workflows, models and skills involved in production
- Experience and discuss some of the best examples of 360 and room scale VR pieces
- Examine how different immersive production companies approach building their teams and creating working models for new projects
- Get a flavour of how projects are both financed and marketed
The bootcamp will be a mix of presentations, simultaneous viewing of VR and immersive pieces followed by discussion and interactive exercises, along with industry experts sharing their insights and case studies.
Previous Bootcamps have led to creatives being funded to work at Maze Theory on Peaky Blinders’ venture into VR, on Top Gear’s first immersive stunt at REWIND and on a range of exciting immersive productions at Nexus Studios, Passion Pictures and Surround Vision.
The Bootcamp is for writers, producers and directors working in film, television, theatre and games who are interested in VR/AR/MR and are looking for an opportunity to move into immersive storytelling.
Participants must have at least 2 production credits, be keen to work in immersive and, if working with a company, be strategically placed to influence. Selected delegates will have the opportunity to go on a paid placement (for up to 10 weeks) with an immersive company. Priority in the application process will be given to those who are interested in going on to a paid placement.
Applications close 20th January 2020.
For more information and how to apply click HERE.