X-Pollinator – A Cross-Disciplinary Professional Development Initiative For Female Talent
Date Posted: September 25, 2019
X-POLLINATOR is seeking up to 150 participants from various disciplines of film, theatre, performance, literature, comedy and visual art including both emerging and established female creative talent to register to a new professional development and networking initiative aiming to kickstart collaborations between female writing and directing talent and take positive action to rapidly address the gender imbalance in the Irish audiovisual industry.
The programme takes place over two weekends (2-3 November and 7-8 December 2019) and aims to inspire collaboration and facilitate the forging of new creative teams and partnerships in the screen industry. The initiative will also cover the business and practical side of creative screen content and navigating the audio-visual industry.
This new initiative seeks to be a rapid intervention to address the gender imbalance in the audio-visual industry while encouraging the cross-pollination of ideas and collaborative practices between art forms and creative disciplines outside of the audio-visual sector.
X-POLLINATOR will consist of a wide, carefully curated programme of talks, masterclasses, panel discussions, break-out sessions and keynote speeches from esteemed speakers and practitioners, sharing their approach and experiences to inspire and inform participants over the two weekends. The initiative will also provide crucial facilitated networking opportunities to make connections between participants and build the female creative teams of the future.
The programme is funded by the BAI, Screen Skills Ireland, Screen Ireland and Creative Europe Desk Ireland in association with and hosted by The Lir Academy, Dublin.
- Female writers, directors and producers working in film, TV, commercials, online content, animation, documentary, theatre, comedy, performance, visual arts using film/video, and writers with at least one credit including journalists, literature, comedy, drama, and advertising copy who want to make work for the screen.
- Female practitioners in other roles (e.g. cinematographer, actor, assistant directors etc.) who are interested in moving into writing or directing work for the screen.
- Male producers across all disciplines and with a range of experience are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- You must have at least one professionally produced piece of work either in film, TV, animation, radio, theatre, visual art, dance, literature, journalism, comedy or other related forms.
- You must be available to attend both weekends.
Step One: Please apply via the Screen Skills Ireland website with an up to date professional bio/CV outlining relevant experience and credits by 5pm on Monday 7 October. You must be registered with and logged in to the Screen Skills Ireland website to apply.
Step Two: Please email a 500 word statement along with your up to date CV to [email protected]. This statement should outline why this programme would benefit you at this point in time and what you are currently working on, interested in pursuing, or looking for. Please clearly label your email with your name.
As we are expecting a large volume of applications, if you have any queries please refer to the FAQs on www.x-pollinator.com in the first instance.
For queries related to the application process, please email: [email protected].
For queries related to programme content, please email: [email protected].