IFTA present panel discussion on VOD & broadcast content
Date Posted: December 4, 2019
The Irish Film and Television Academy (IFTA) is delighted to present a special panel event in association with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) in relation to VOD & Broadcast Content – What are the Opportunities?
Audiences and viewership engagement are evolving at a rapid pace with key trends coming to the fore. Driven by market leaders, such as SVOD giants Netflix and Amazon Prime along with newcomers like Apple TV+ and Disney+, audiences are now viewing what they want when they want. Online players are adapting too, and can now be more than just catch-up TV. Broadcasters and content producers are exploring how to embrace new trends and produce unique content and programming that will ultimately reach new audiences across players and other digital platforms.
This event is the first in a series of IFTA discussions and will be split into two panels to explore new platforms and content:
- Panel 1: Meet the Players
- Panel 2: Who’s the Audience? – Opportunities for Content Creators
- Múirne Laffan (Chair) – CEO at LaffanLABs
- Mark Carpenter – Head of Corporate Affairs at SKY Ireland
- Sinead Stimpfig – Online Content & Strategy Manager, Producer, The Lab at RTÉ
- Lís Ní Dhálaigh – Director of Marketing, Development and Partnerships at TG4
- Kieran Hartigan – Executive Producer at IrisProductions (Lurgan 2k19, Rugbaí Beo)
- Ursula Devine – Development Executive at Northern Ireland Screen (Partner on Storyland with RTÉ)
- Jason Butler – Writer/Director of Skip to the End, Storyland 2019 and two-time IFTA winner (Republic of Telly, Bridget & Eamon)
The event will run from 9.30am – 11.30am at Iveagh Gardens Hotel (Registration and Coffee at 9am) on Tuesday 10th December.
Click HERE to RSVP.