Creative Individuals Recovery Programme
Date Posted: September 17, 2021
The Department for Communities and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland have opened applications for its Creative Individuals Recovery Programme.
The programme will help individuals reconnect or maintain their trade, profession or vocation within the creative sector as it emerges from coronavirus pandemic restrictions. The scheme will typically meet one-off costs that are necessarily incurred and indeed essential to the individual reengaging with or maintaining their practice. The programme will support actions to reverse the erosion of creative practice and loss of skills and experience to the creative sectors.
Who can apply?
This programme is to help support self-employed and freelance individuals working in the creative sector including but not limited to venue support staff, set designers, writers, editors, proof readers, crafts people, photographers, film-makers, lighting and sound technicians/engineers, other technical crew and support staff and other creative practitioners who work in the creative industries to sustain and build their professional and technical skills in these challenging times and to support those who wish to deliver creative projects.
Funding from this programme can assist with the following costs:
- Creation of new work or engaging with new or existing audiences/commissions etc
- Skills improvement necessary to reactivate or maintain trade, profession or vocation
- Hiring facilities and/or equipment to facilitate creative practice, including rehearsal, necessary for the resumption or maintenance of the individual’s trade, profession or vocation
- Time set aside to update, develop or enhance existing trade profession or vocation
- Attendance at industry events, peer-to-peer engagement professional/membership fees of associations related to an individual’s career development
- Other costs which the Arts Council deems reasonable to assist in maintaining or developing the individual’s practice
- Support worker or other costs related to supporting a disability as required as part of creative practice
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 6th October at 12pm.
For more information and to apply click HERE.