‘CINESEEKERS’ AND ‘CINEFOCUS’ JURIES WANTED FOR BELFAST’S CINEMAGIC FESTIVAL
Date Posted: August 8, 2017
Do you enjoy watching films? Would you like to be the first to see new films from around the world? Ever thought of being a film critic? If so, this year’s Cinemagic Belfast ‘CineFocus’ and ‘CineSeekers’ film jury’ is just for you! Cinemagic is recruiting jury panels made up of 5-11 year olds, 12- 14 year olds, 15+ year olds and 18+ year olds to watch and judge a series of international films during the Cinemagic Belfast 2017 Festival programme this October. The Cinemagic Festival is funded by Northern Ireland Screen supported by the Department for Communities, Belfast City Council and George Best Belfast City Airport.
The initiative aims to inspire young cinema-going audiences and provides a platform for debate and discussion. Cinemagic film jury members will have the opportunity to meet other film fans, learn about the role of the film critic and play an important role in the Festival choosing its winners!
Chris Shaw, Cinemagic Festival Programmer said “By providing young people with a unique, creative and thought-provoking outlet for world cinema, the aim is to develop and nurture a broader appreciation, understanding and love of film, as well as celebrating the stories, peoples and cultures from around the globe.”
To register for the Cinemagic Belfast 2017 Festival Jury: Please download a CineFocus or CineSeekers Jury Registration Form at www.cinemagic.org.uk and return by post to Cinemagic, Festival Jury, 49 Botanic Avenue, Belfast, BT7 1JL, or email cl[email protected] by 20th September.
The dates for each age category are as follows and participants must be available for all dates in their group:
- 5-7 year olds: October 21st and 22nd
- 8-9 year olds: October 14th and 15th
- 10-11 year olds: October 7th and 8th
- Also includes October 6th: Opening Night 6.00pm-8.30pm
Note each day runs in Odyssey Cinemas Belfast from 10.30am-3.30pm unless otherwise stated (end time subject to change)
- CineFocus 12+ (Sat 7 & Sun 8 Oct, 1.00pm – 6.00pm, Queen’s Film Theatre)
- CineFocus 15+ (Sat 14 & Sun 15 Oct, 1.00pm – 6.00pm, Queen’s Film Theatre)
- CineFocus 18+ (Sat 21 & Sun 22 Oct, 1.00pm – 6.00pm, Queen’s Film Theatre)
- CineFocus Animation 15+ (Fri 13, Sat 14, Sun 15 & Mon 16 Oct, 6.00pm – 9.00pm, Queen’s Film Theatre)
- CineFocus Documentary 15+ (Tues 24 & Wed 25 Oct, 6.00pm – 10.00pm, Crescent Arts Centre)
Please Note: You can apply for more than one CineFocus jury strand if you are the relevant age and the dates don’t clash. The cost to participate is £10 per person and payment details are included in the registration form. Travel to and from the cinema is the responsibility of a parent/guardian if the participant is under 18. Films will be screened in their original language with English subtitles where necessary