Jobs in the Northern Ireland Sector
Stellify Media seeking summer intern
Stellify Media is running its Summer Internship scheme again this year. This is a 2-month paid position during the summer break where the successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of the company; from development to production.
This position is only available to students who are over 18, currently studying in Northern Ireland and actively interested in pursuing a career in TV production. Please only apply if you meet these essential criteria.
To apply, please download and complete the following questionnaire
Please email the completed questionnaire and a copy of your CV to [email protected] with the email subject Stellify Media Internship Placement.
Closing date: 24th May
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, Stellify Media is unable to respond to each applicant individually. If you have not received a response by Friday 7th June, you have not been successful with your application. Unfortunately, individual feedback in unavailable as part of this process.
Makematic seeking a PRODUCER / DIRECTOR
Makematic works with amazing brands like Microsoft, Crayola and Adobe to craft exceptional video and animated content for educators and families. The team is seeking an experienced producer/director to join its Belfast studio.
As an Online Producer / Director you’ll take each course from concept through to completion. Covering all aspects from development – from concepts and instructional design, through to script-writing, producing, directing & editing the final pieces. You’ll also work with Makematic’s team of talented animators to add a layer of 2d animation to your films – or indeed create full frame animation.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years commercial experience as a producer for either TV or the web. You’ll have an amazing portfolio of work and a well-honed understanding of what it takes to make short form content engaging, memorable and impactful. We’d particularly like to hear from candidates with branded content experience.
For further information on this vacancy, including application details and essential criteria, please click here.
ENTER YES SEEKING ART DIRECTOR
Enter Yes is an award winning studio specialising in high-end documentary animation and top tier visual effects for TV and film.
Enter Yes currently seeks to fill the role of Art Director in its Belfast city centre based studio.
The ideal candidate will have 1+ years experience working in a studio environment. This role may also suit a Junior Art Director ready to ‘step-up’ to the responsibilities of Art Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the producer and clients to discuss creative ambitions
- Develop and communicate a clear design vision
- Communicate status updates, troubleshoot and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff
- Cultivate positive team morale
- Establish and develop style-guides and the look-and-feel for projects
- Manage multiple projects at once and prioritising tasks with deadlines and client needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Understanding and experience with studio pipelines
- Experience working in a team with a certain amount of experience in delegating tasks, giving feedback and providing constructive criticism on projects
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support and mentor less experienced artists
- Experience in client meetings
- Familiarity with the style and tone of our work.
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date Friday 14 June 2019.
Alleycats seeking a senior coordinator / Junior PM
Alleycats is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Coordinator/Junior PM who has experience in specialist factual/fact entertainment.
The role would be based in Derry and would include assisting with the management of several projects ranging from history, specialist factual, fact-ent and everything in between. Please send CV’s to [email protected]. Start ASAP for a short-term contract of about 3 months.
Sixteen South Studios is recruiting
Sixteen South Studios is seeking to recruit for a number of vacancies including Junior Layout Artist, 2D Designers and Junior Animator.
Sixteen South Studios always choose the right person for the job regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
For information on each of the roles can be found here. Please make note of the various closing dates for each position.
Paper Owl Films seeking a Cel Action animator
Paper Owl Films is seeking a Cel Action Animator for its award-winning 2D series ‘Pablo’.
The contract is for 14 weeks running from 24th June 2019 to 27th September 2019. Please send show reel and CV to [email protected].
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
Paper Owl is an equal opportunities employer.
RDF TELEVISION Seeking experienced Series Producer
RDF Television is looking for an experienced Belfast-based Series Producer to oversee a BBC 3 TX pilot.
If you have a background in making energetic, humorous, formatted factual shows and have also had experience on youth skewed programmes, then RDF Television would love to hear from you.
The contract would begin on Monday 24 June until 6 September 2019.
The first three weeks would be part time; then there would be three full weeks to cover pre-production and the shoot. This is followed by a five week edit, which the SP would cut.
Please advise of any holiday leave you have planned, although it may be difficult to accommodate time off during this period.
Send your details and a covering letter to [email protected] putting “Belfast TX Pilot – SP” in the subject box.
2ngaming seeking a Video Production Manager
2ngaming is a new NI based company that will redefine how gameshows are enjoyed on Mobile devices. To support an upcoming product release, 2ngaming is looking to add a Video Production Manager to its leadership team.
- Lead production team meetings to communicate initiatives and participate in regular brainstorms with other members of the 2ngaming leadership team to pitch new gameshow ideas and come up with new ideas to ensure we are always producing the most innovative content possible.
- Work with clients on definition of their gameshow ideas and work with the marketing team to create innovative proposals
- Manage the daily video production workflow including the scripting, pre-production, production and post-production processes.
- Occasionally jump-in to shoot and edit videos yourself as needed, (and possibly even present in front of camera).
- Manage a team of contractors who are providing content and technical services to production
- 3+ years of hands on video production that includes the use of professional camera and lighting equipment, and Adobe Premiere Pro editing software
- 1 + years of experience managing a team of presenters/influencers
- A demo reel or portfolio of work
- Experience creating and publishing content for mobile and social audiences
To apply, please email [email protected]