Jobs in the Northern Ireland Sector
Makematic – ELT: Online Producer / Director
As an ELT-Online Producer / Director, you will have a passion for all things English language, a solid knowledge of story, experience of animation, and producing for an international audience.
The ideal candidate will have a good amount of industry experience at this level, with hands-on knowledge of online video creation and a passion for filmmaking.
Makematic would like to hear from candidates experienced in producing education content, those with 2D animation experience and candidates with an understanding of remote video production. You’ll have a portfolio of amazing work to present and a well-honed understanding of what it takes to make short-form content for clients engaging, memorable and impactful.
You’ll guide a large volume complex project from concept through to completion under the experienced guidance of a Series Producer. You’ll lead a talented team to produce high-quality content and ensure all output is delivered to our systems on time and budget.
This exciting and demanding role covers all aspects of production from development; concepts and instructional design, to script-writing, producing, directing and editing the final pieces. Throughout the process, you’ll be supported by an experienced and dynamic leadership team and a clear company framework.
To apply: Send CV and cover letter to [email protected] along with availability.
Closing date: Monday 27th June
Makematic – Assistant Producer
An Assistant Producer at Makematic is a key part of the team, working alongside a lead producer across any number of client side educational projects. The purpose of this position is to support each assigned project from concept through to completion.
This exciting role supports all aspects of production from development, to script-writing, producing, directing and editing, through to final delivery and supporting paperwork.
- Support the production workflow from concept to delivery on assigned projects
- Follow and utilise standardised Makematic task management documents and platforms throughout all productions.
- Support the development of creative treatments and the creative vision for allocated projects
- Help to set up and organise shoots
- Liaise with animators and designers throughout the production process
- Follow the schedule and support the project team including Researchers, Animators, Script Writers, Editors and Producer
- Organise and coordinate with script writing team
- Communicate with relevant internal and external team members professionally
- Assist in the delivery of 3rd party agreements, risk assessments and Health & Safety law
- Take responsibility for post production paperwork and metadata ensuring it is accurate and delivered on time
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of production process and client services
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Copyright and Licencing
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Computer literacy
- Research skills
- Interest in short form educational content
- Interest in animation production
- Teaching experience
- Project management
- Familiarity of Adobe Suite and Premiere Pro
- Familiarity with Health & Safety
To apply, email [email protected] by Friday 1st July.
Makematic – Post Production Supervisor
Makematic is hiring a Post Production Supervisor. The successful applicant will be working alongside an established and growing team of creatives – both staff and freelance – to develop fun, engaging and slick motion graphics and animated educational content.
- Forecasting and resource allocation
- Recruiting, on-boarding, and training
- Ensuring client deliverables are met to specification
Skills and Qualities
- Exceptional organisation skills with ability to schedule multiple people, resources and projects simultaneously
- Good ability to handle a fast paced environment, manage a time-sensitive workload, and supervise numerous projects in various states of production at once
- Experience leading and working with multiple teams– in person and remote
- Ability to ensure animators and editors have the resources they need for daily edits and deliveries
- Strong working knowledge of the overall post workflow process—familiar with live action and animation workflows through final delivery to multiple platforms
- Ability to evaluate initial production plans to ensure each project has the post production resources to deliver content of the highest quality in a timely manner
- Comfortable collaborating with production teams on implementing key post specifications such as tech specs, delivery and final archive formats, across multiple client projects
- Comfortable communicating regularly with senior and production staff
- Experience and success recruiting the best talent for specific projects
- Strong leadership skills with ability to onboard, train and mentor the edit and animation crew
- Secure in establishing and enforcing naming conventions, formatting, and packaging processes to ensure reliable and timely delivery of media assets
- Efficient working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of apps (Adobe Premiere/Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity of professional editing systems for video and audio, compositing, and mastering
- Experience working with NAS (Network Attached Storage) and/or AWS
- Experience working with DAM/MAM systems
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite of apps as well as Google Drive
- Basic video editing skills
- 5+ years experience in Post Production with a focus on the delivery of short form animation/motion graphics assets
- Whilst a degree or other qualification in a related discipline may be an advantage, we are most interested in a proven ability to deliver in a workplace setting.