Jobs in the Northern Ireland Sector
BBC seek Production Executive
Contract type: Fixed term/attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
Unrivalled production, Unmissable programmes.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, we span content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. We make over 2,500 hours of content a year and our award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms.
Unscripted Productions bases are in Bristol, Cardiff, Belfast and London. It’s home to many of the BBC’s most popular brands such as Countryfile, Gardeners’ World, Crimewatch Roadshow, Wanted Down Under, Bargain Hunt and Fake or Fortune, as well as food series featuring much-loved presenters like The Hairy Bikers and Nigella.
We are looking for a Production Executive to join our team based in Belfast.
The Production Executive is responsible for providing strategic production management for a portfolio of content from idea to distribution. They will lead and develop a team of production management staff, driving change and continuous improvement, and taking on base responsibilities for BBC Studios in Northern Ireland.
Some of the key skills required include:
Considerable knowledge of the industry, our competitors and demonstrates passion for the role.
Demonstrable experience of leading, developing and motivating teams across a range of output or genres
Experience of leading and driving significant change in a complex environment and of implementing strategy and contributing to its development
Significant knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with a level of technical understanding to ensure the most efficient production of content.
Thorough knowledge of commissioning and local green light procedures in order to drive the processes, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are aligned.
Experience of managing co-productions and/or complex rights and funding models
Please refer to the full job description for this role.
Are you the right candidate?
Applicants must have extensive experience of working at Production Manager level.
Application Deadline is 15th September 2019. For more information and how to apply click here.
Dog Ears seek PRF Scene Prep Artist
3 month contract – Derry
Start: January 2020
End date: April 2020
Dog Ears are looking for a Scene Prep Artists to join our team. We are looking for a person that values the power of visual storytelling and wants to help us bring the beautiful world of Puffin Rock and all it’s lovable characters to a bigger stage.
- Prior similar experience working in a fast-paced production environment
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of camera work, staging, timing,composition and film language principals.
- Good knowledge of Moho (previously Anime Studio Pro) software would be preferable but is not required. Otherwise, experience in another Digital 2D Animation Software such as CelAction, After Effects or ToonBoom (bone animation) and/or CGI experience with Maya or 3D Max are required
- Strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills.
- Building of Moho files as well as adhering to technical requirements for the files, such as layering of layout and character placeholders and colour-coding and labelling as needed
- Creatively in files, adding in timed camera moves, posing and adding in animation as required. Composing and staging scenes in adherence to the Puffin Rock Film Language
- Meet deadlines as established by production management
- Liasoning with and resolving technical and creative problems as they arise, with creative supervisors
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
To apply please email your current CV & showreel along with your full contact details and the contact details of two industry referees to [email protected] with the Job Title that you wish to apply for in the subject line by the 27th of September 2019 .
PLEASE NOTE: Successful applicants will be invited for an interview by the 18th of October 2019 . If you have not been invited for interview by this date your application has not been successful.
Stellify Media seek Casting AP
Stellify Media is currently recruiting for a Casting AP to start ASAP. Please send CVs with availability to [email protected]