Trainee Locations Assistant
Northern Ireland Screen is running a skills development scheme called Craft and Technical Skills 2019. The scheme provides training opportunities in varied roles in the film and television industry between February 2019 – March 2020.
Craft and Technical Skills 2019 is a paid placement scheme (NMW/NLW) and the participants will gain experience on Northern Ireland Screen funded film and television projects.
This is a call for applications interested in working in the Locations Department
Where is it based?
The scheme and placements will be based in Northern Ireland and participants will be expected to base themselves in Northern Ireland for the duration of the scheme.
Who is eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these questions:
- Are you a legal resident of Northern Ireland?
- Are you available to participate in the scheme between February 2019 – March 2020 (Initially February 2019 – July 2019)
If you cannot answer YES to these questions, please do not apply. Ineligible applications will be automatically discarded.
What are the priorities?
Applicants who can demonstrate a long-term commitment to working in the film and television industry.
Experience working in a professional filming environment and familiar with the processes of production and set etiquette would be desirable but not essential.
How do I apply?
To apply to the Craft and Technical Skills 2019 scheme applicants must submit the following:
- A ONE A4 page letter of application explaining how your career to date satisfies the minimum entry requirements and clearly demonstrates your specific interest in, and understanding of, the role you are applying for. This letter should also demonstrate your long-term commitment to working in the film and TV industry and detail your aims for the future and how this scheme would help you achieve them. You can download the necessary application form here.
- Your current CV with the contact details of two referees
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of Northern Ireland Screen will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- The information contained within the applicant’s letter.
- Strength of CV and references from referees.
- Suitability of the scheme for the applicant, i.e. how the individual’s career will benefit from Craft and Technical Skills 2019.
- The applicant’s demonstration of a long-term commitment to their chosen craft or technical department.
NOTE: Short listed applicants will be invited for interview in the week of 28th January 2019
How do I obtain application hard copies?
Application hard copies can be obtained by contacting Kerry Flynn at Northern Ireland Screen on 028 90 232444. For application queries please contact Kerry via email: [email protected]
Email the completed application form, along with all required application materials to:
[email protected] and state in the subject line TRAINEE LOCATIONS ASSISTANT
Or post your application to:
Craft and Technical Skills 2019
Northern Ireland Screen
3rd Floor, Alfred House
21 Alfred Street
Please clearly mark on the envelope which department you wish to be considered for.
Deadline for applications: 1200 hrs Monday 21st January 2019
PLEASE NOTE: under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this deadline.
NB: Due to the high volume of applications Northern Ireland Screen receive, unfortunately we are unable to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
There may be a reserve list of applicants drawn up for this post which would last for a maximum of 12 months. Should a similar post become vacant within this time, it may be offered to those on the reserve list, in order of merit, without further interview.
Northern Ireland Screen is committed to promoting diversity. Northern Ireland Screen will provide equal opportunity for all applicants.
We will not discriminate on any grounds including:
- Socio-economic class
- Employment status
- Educational attainment
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinion
- Marital status
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as