Studio Assistant 2019
Northern Ireland Screen intends to run a skills development programme as part of its COMPANY PLACEMENT SCHEME called STUDIO ASSISTANT 2019. The programme will provide a training opportunity in a local music composition and sound company for one person.
STUDIO ASSISTANT 2019 is a paid placement scheme (NMW/NLW), the placement will run from May 2019 – 31 March 2020. This is an initial 10 -11 month contract with the possibility of an extension thereafter.
Where is it based?
The scheme will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and participants will be expected to base themselves in Northern Ireland for the duration of the scheme.
Who is eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these two questions:
- Are you a legal resident of the UK?
- Are you available to participate in the scheme for from May 2019 – 31 March 2020.
If you cannot answer YES to these two questions, please do not apply. Ineligible applications will be automatically discarded.
What are the priorities?
Applicants should have at least 1 years’ experience working in Cubase, at least 1 years’ experience at orchestration for full orchestra, ability to play the piano to grade 6 or above, ability to work in Pro-tools, at least 6 months of experience (paid or other) or work in the creation of music for media (composing to picture) and experience in track-lay, sound design, dubbing, voice over recording and audio mixing.
How do I apply?
To apply to the STUDIO ASSISTANT 2019 scheme, applicants must submit the following via Northern Ireland Screen’s online application form where you will be asked to complete:
- Job History
- A paragraph of a maximum of 700 words confirming that you meet the eligibility requirements of the scheme, your aims for the future and how this scheme would help you achieve them.
- Details of two referees.
You can access our online application system here. Please note, if this is your first time applying for a role using this system, you will be prompted to create a profile. Once registered, the system will retain your information for any future roles you apply for.
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of Northern Ireland Screen will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- The information contained within the applicant’s paragraph confirming that they meet the eligibility requirements
- Strength of job history and references from referees.
- Suitability of the scheme for the applicant, i.e. how the individual’s career will benefit from STUDIO ASSISTANT 2019.
- In the event of a high number of applications being received the desirable criteria will be used to shortlist for interview.
How do I obtain application details?
Deadline for applications:1200 hrs Thursday 25th April 2019
PLEASE NOTE: under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this deadline.
NB: Due to the high volume of applications Northern Ireland Screen receive, unfortunately we are unable to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Northern Ireland Screen is committed to promoting diversity. Northern Ireland Screen will provide equal opportunity for all applicants.
We will not discriminate on any grounds including:
- Socio-economic class
- Employment status
- Educational attainment
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinion
- Marital status
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as and when appropriate.