Progress your career in post-production supervision
Date Posted: March 9, 2020
**Unfortunately due to the current circumstances, the post-production supervision training has been cancelled**
Northern Ireland Screen is hosting an intensive 2-day training session on progressing your career in post-production supervision. Led by Paula Crickard, the training will cover all aspects of the post-production workflow from pre-production to final delivery.
The training will take place on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April at the Northern Ireland Screen office.
Paula Crickard is a co-founder of HaZ Film and Head of Post Production at Nu Boyana UK. Paula has produced several award-winning feature dramas and documentaries, including BIFA nominated Winter (2015), The Beyond (2018), The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2018), and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016).
The training is funded and support by Northern Ireland Screen, BBC Drama Commissioning in Belfast and delivered by The Production Guide of Great Britain.
To register your interest, please email [email protected]
Course details include:
- Post-production supervising during Pre-production
- The optimum time to join productions as a post-production supervisor
- Building a post-production team
- Managing the producer relationship
- Analysing the deliverables list to assess unnecessary requirements and determine optimum post-production routes
- Analysing scripts to assess post-production needs
- Producing detailed post-production budgets to ensure all deliverables can be created
- Analysing shooting schedules to generate post-production schedules for picture and sound
- Selecting post-houses and negotiating savings and deals
- Identifying and selecting talented post-production producers, DIT’s, editors, VFX artists colourists, sound mixers and re-recording mixers
- The impact of formats, aspect ratios and cameras on post-production workflows
- Managing post-house relationships during and after post-production
- Identifying essential location sound elements
- Shooting for VFX shots and blue screen
- Editing on location
- Quality checks prior to accepting masters
- Delivering to sales agents and TV channels