Mission Accomplished: The Step-up to 1st AD in Film training course
Date Posted: January 7, 2021
Mission Accomplished have introduced a Step-up to 1st AD in Film training course, commissioned by ScreenSkills, aimed at giving up to 16 participants the opportunity to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become 1st Assistant Directors.
Assistant Directors need to be equipped to understand the necessary approach to take in what is a sensitive position, given that they are often torn between the needs of the direction and the requests of the production. This training course will ensure that participants are better placed to serve both producers and directors. It will also give experienced 2nd or 3rd ADs the skills and knowledge to feel confident making the transition to the 1st AD role.
This training course participants will give participants the opportunity to:
- Receive training from respected and established colleagues
- Gain a detailed understanding of scheduling and implications on the production process
- Learn how to position themselves within both the operational and the creative process
- Share their knowledge, experience and concerns with colleagues and peers
- Further develop their awareness of human resources management
- Receive personal mentoring support from an established film 1st AD
This training course will provide an opportunity for individuals to not only improve their technical AD skills in scheduling a script but also their soft, leadership and management skills, to assess the potential and limits of their role in the shooting process.
This course is suitable for:
- Professional Assistant Directors who have held the position of 2nd or 3rd AD on at least three significant feature films
- Recently stepped-up 1st ADs looking to consolidate their knowledge and gain more confidence in the role
- 1st ADs who are looking to transition over to film from HETV
The training course is supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the British Film Institute as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
All applications must be submitted by 11pm on 13th January. Apply HERE