Free ScreenSkills production secretary training
Date Posted: January 6, 2022
ScreenSkills is running a FREE production secretary training programme for unscripted TV from Monday 7th – Tuesday 15th March in London.
Open to candidates who are in the early stages of their career and are ready to take the next step and focus on developing a career in production management in unscripted television exclusively. It is an opportunity for those with no more than a year’s experience, who are already working in, or are keen to work in unscripted television, and are ready to take the next step and focus on developing a career in production management.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Seven days of intensive fast track training delivered online by the BBC Academy and industry experts. This training will provide a comprehensive overview of the production secretary role in unscripted television, including working on documentaries, entertainment, live studio and location filming
- Three months paid work placement in an independent production company
- Industry networking event on the final evening of training
ScreenSkills will match participants on placements. Application deadline is Friday 14th January.
In order to apply you should meet the following criteria:
- You must have a demonstrable interest in and passion for unscripted TV
- An understanding of the role of a Production Secretary and a clear sense of where you’d like your career in production management to take you
- Between a month and a year’s experience working in TV – employed or as part of work experience placements
- You must want to pursue a career specifically in production management in unscripted television. This is not an opportunity work in scripted television or to develop an editorial career as a researcher, assistant producer or producer-director.
- You must have proven organisational, team working and scheduling skills, please outline this experience in your application
- You must be able to attend all seven days of training
- You must be able to work on a three month (paid) placement local to you
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You are able to attend an interview online on one of Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th or Wednesday 16th February 2022
To find out more and to apply, click HERE.