Applications open for The Pixel Mill’s Internship Programme
Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Trainee Quality Assurance Games Tester 2019-20
Northern Ireland Screen’s PIXEL MILL intends to run a skills development scheme called TRAINEE QUALITY ASSURANCE GAMES TESTER 2019-2020. The programme will provide a training opportunity for one person to support start up game developers involved in an incubation programme at the Ormeau Baths Innovation Centre. The successful candidate will be working alongside multiple game development teams, in a fast-paced, agile environment across a broad range of projects.
TRAINEE QUALITY ASSURANCE GAMES TESTER 2019-20 is a paid placement scheme (NMW/NLW). The placement will run for 12 months from June 2019 to May 2020 and the participant will gain valuable experience working in all aspects of the game development production pipeline. This position would be of interest to those who want to pursue a career as a Producer.
What are the priorities?
- Previous experience working with game development engines such as UE4.Unity 3D;
- Detail orientated, with strong observational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly;
- Avid player of games in general;
- Adaptability and willingness to improve processes and own development; and
- Actively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude.
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Technical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/XR’s would be an advantage.
Deadline for applications:1200 hrs FRIDAY 31 MAY 2019.
For further information, including application details, please click here.