Applications open for the Documentary Campus Masterschool 2018
Date Posted: July 25, 2017
What is the Masterschool?
The Documentary Campus Masterschool leads applicants through four intensive workshops to shape their documentary ideas for linear TV and web and across all genres and formats. Documentary Campus provides European documentary producers with tailored training and advice.
The Masterschool is an intensive training program for documentary filmmakers, taking place over a timespan of a 10-month period. Its aim is to mentor directors and producers to make exciting documentaries (one-offs, multiplatform and series) for the international market.
Over the course of four 5-day workshops in the 10-month period, 15 European producer/director teams are assisted in developing their documentary projects to appeal to international audiences. The teams receive invaluable feedback from experienced documentary professionals and have the unique opportunity to pitch their projects to a panel of carefully selected international commissioning editors at our largest Industry Event, the Leipzig Networking Days, in October.
Who is it for?
The main target group for the Masterschool includes European non-fiction professionals (authors, directors, producers, commissioning editors and film funds):
• experienced in their domestic markets
• recommended by a broadcaster or funding body
• striving to work on an international level
• looking out for new business strategies
• with strong and advanced documentary projects for an international audience (including long- and short-form series, cross-platform projects, formats and one-offs)
• open to learn and to adapt their projects to the needs of their targeted market (TV or digital plattforms)
• with excellent English language skills
For further information on the Masterschool including details on how to apply, please click here.