Short Film Call
Northern Ireland Screen runs short film calls throughout the year. The calls are open to new and emerging resident talent.
Applications can be made to either the individual award where the award is capped at £2,250 or the production award where the award is capped at £7,500.
SHORT FILM 2019-20: 1st CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Northern Ireland Screen intends to use Lottery Funds provided through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and BFI NETWORK to support the production of Short Film. The aim of this funding is to:
- Encourage Northern Ireland resident producers to make a significant contribution to developing talent within the local industry.
- Develop Northern Ireland resident creative talent (writer, director, producer teams) who intend to work professionally in factual or fiction genres.
By offering structured, merit-based opportunities, Northern Ireland Screen intends to develop new and emerging writing, directing and producing talent to the point that it is of interest to the wider film, television and digital content industry.
- Closing date for applications: Friday 12th April 2019.
WHAT FUNDING IS AVAILABLE?
Funding is available at Individual and Production Company levels for the production of live action, factual and virtual reality short films.
Individual Production Awards – up to £2,250
- Individual Production Awards are aimed at new and emerging Northern Ireland resident writer / directors in order to give the filmmakers an opportunity to show what they can do;
- The film must be shot in Northern Ireland. At Northern Ireland Screen’s sole discretion, factual shorts may be filmed outside Northern Ireland with Northern Ireland creative talent and crew attached. All post should take place in Northern Ireland.
- The writer / director must have directed at least one live action fiction or factual short film independently and the film must be available to view online.
Production Company awards – up to £7,500
- Funding is available towards the costs of production of short live action, factual and virtual reality films normally up to 15 minutes in length;
- The intention of these awards is to develop working relationships between Northern Ireland resident emerging writers and directors and production companies who need their talents;
- The film must be shot in Northern Ireland. At Northern Ireland Screen’s sole discretion factual shorts may be filmed outside Northern Ireland with Northern Ireland creative talent and crew attached. All post should take place in Northern Ireland.
- The Director and Producer must have completed at least one short live action factual or fiction film in their specific role and the film must be available to view online. The quality of the Writer’s work will be judged on the submitted script.
Please refer to the Short Film Call 2019-20 Guidelines for further information including key assessment criteria, priorities for funding and a list of FAQs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read our FAQs and Guidelines before requesting an application link. If the FAQs do not answer your question, then please contact Christine Morrow, New and Emerging Talent Executive, ([email protected]) for further information.
If you have read the FAQs and Guidelines and wish to apply for funding then please contact Nicky Coyle, Funding Executive, ([email protected]) for a link to an online application.
Please ensure that all supporting documentation is submitted either online with your application or via email to Nicky Coyle. Failure to provide the requested supporting documentation will result in your application being eliminated from the current short film call.
Proud to be a partner of