Film & Television Studios
Northern Ireland has seen significant growth in studio space in recent years offering a mixture of purpose built studios and alternative build space for productions of varying sizes.
BELFAST HARBOUR STUDIOS
Belfast Harbour Studios, an 8 acre site located within the 340 acre Giants Park, are the newest purpose built studios in Belfast just a few minutes’ drive from the city centre and George Best Belfast City Airport.
- The new studios incorporate high performance acoustic fabric, high-level walkways and rigging gantries with power, lighting and internal environment options to suit the full spectrum of film production uses.
- Two new identical purpose-built sound stages, each 32,000 sq ft, capable of opening up for a combined use as one large space of 64,000 sq ft. Eaves height of approximately 61 ft.
- Site includes two additional workshops of 11,000 sq ft each and 36,000 sq ft of purpose built production offices.
Titanic Studios, set on an 8 acre site five minutes’ drive from central Belfast in the historically renowned Titanic Quarter, comprise the original Paint Hall studio and two new purpose-built sound stages, the Hurst and MacQuitty stages, which form the new extension.
THE PAINT HALL
- Contains 4 x 16,000ft² “cells”, which are set out in a square connected by an internal road and streets.
- Each cell measures 90ft high and has one 3ft thick external “wall” that is actually a 75ft high door.
- None of the cell ceilings is external and the building is “double-skinned” thereby reducing noise pollution.
- The facility offers a suite of offices, toilets, 5 dedicated workshops, a green room and has its own internal electrical substation which provides 110v, 240v and 3 phase power to the whole building.
THE MACQUITTY AND HURST STAGES
- Two new purpose-built sound stages adjacent to the Paint Hall opened in 2012
- Two large free-span spaces, each 21,000ft², capable of opening up for combined use as one large space of 42,000ft².
- Eaves’ height of approximately 43ft.
- Space incorporates high performance acoustic fabric, high-level walkways and rigging gantries with power, lighting and internal environment options to suit the full spectrum of film production uses.
LOOP STUDIOS (FORMERLY KNOWN AS BRITVIC)
The Britvic facility is 10 minutes’ drive from central Belfast and George Best Belfast City Airport. The site comprises of 3 stages as well as 2 workshops and office space.
- Stage 1 – 38,000 sq ft & 33 ft eaves height rising to 38 ft at the mid-point
- Stage 2 – 27,000 sq ft & 39 ft eaves height
- Stage 3 – 20,000 sq ft & 32 ft eaves height rising to 37 ft at the mid-point
- Workshop 1 – 8,183 sq ft
- Workshop 2 – 3,800 sq ft
- Office Block 1 – 13,885 sq ft
- Office Block 2 – 8,465 sq ft