The Pixel Mill
To support the sustainable growth of the games sector and companies utilising creative technology working across the screen industries, Northern Ireland Screen is establishing an incubation space, a community hub and a business coaching programme known as, THE PIXEL MILL.
Northern Ireland Screen is inviting applications from companies to take part in its inaugural coaching programme to support up to 10 successful companies to develop their businesses, build their teams, market their capabilities and navigate third party relations.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Up to 12 months free access to incubation space and facilities.
- Weekly coaching to address Business, Marketing, Operating and Partner milestones.
- Invitation to apply to the Northern Ireland Screen Fund to develop projects that support agreed business goals.
- Pitch for platform, tech and marketing support.
- Access to extensive user testing facilities to gather feedback for projects.
- Opportunity to pitch for production funding of £100k through the Assembler programme.
Companies going through this programme will be encouraged to attract additional finance to their project either through revenue, crowd sourcing or investment.
The programme is aimed at:
- Limited companies which:
- Include clearly defined production, creative and technical team members.
- Are involved in the development of Interactive Entertainment (Games/VR/AR/MR).
- Are available for weekly meetings and reviews on site at THE PIXEL MILL.
COMPANIES MUST PROVIDE:
- Covering letter.
- Business Plan to include:
- Mission & Vision Statement.
- Marketing Plan.
- Operating Plan.
- Cashflow Forecast.
- Sales Pipeline.
- Equal Opportunities policy.
- GDPR Policy document.
KEY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- The quality of the proposed Business plan including Marketing, Operations and Cashflow.
- Credits of the Key Personnel on shipped projects.
- Viability of the proposed Business plan within the capabilities of the team.
To support the development of application materials, Northern Ireland Screen is hosting a series of short pre-start workshops at Northern Ireland Screen, 3rd Floor Alfred House, 21 Alfred Street, Belfast BT2 8ED and applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
Pre-application meetings with Northern Ireland Screen’s Interactive Executive are strongly encouraged.
To arrange a pre-application meeting, please contact Donal Phillips ([email protected]) or call 028 9023 2444.
|Friday 6 July||Business Workshop (completed)||2pm to 5pm|
|Tuesday 17 July||Marketing Workshop (completed)||2pm to 5 pm|
|Friday 20 July||Game Sector Workshop||10am to 1pm|
|Tuesday 23 July||Leadership Workshop||10am to 1pm|
|Friday 3 August||Closing deadline for receipt of applications||1pm|
|14 September||Successful applicants notified and contracted.|
|17 September||Announcement of successful applicants/press release.|
|1 October||The Pixel Mill launch event (more detail to follow)|
The key aims of the programme are to:
- Support a sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland.
- Prepare teams for the process of getting early stage concepts into production and break through to the international market.
- Provide business with the support to leverage external finance to meet their needs.
- Develop projects that are aligned to export opportunities and commercially viable.
Publishers and distribution partners will be invited to review projects and to feedback to developers. There will be no commitment to publish projects and partners can withdraw from the process at any time.
All applicants must submit their application documents and supporting material by 1pm, Friday 3 August via email to [email protected].
Failure to provide the requested supporting documentation will result in your application being eliminated.