Trainee Studio Production Co-ordinator 2017
Northern Ireland Screen intends to run a skills development programme called Trainee Studio Production Co-ordinator 2017. The programme will provide a training opportunity in a 3D Computer Animation company. Salary will be negotiable (£20k-£25k) depending on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
In their application letter, applicants MUST demonstrate their willingness to learn and evidence that they are self-motivated individuals, both attributes which the placement provider and Northern Ireland Screen consider to be crucial to this position.
The placement will run from December 2017 – 31 May 2018 and the participant will gain experience working in a 3D computer animation studio.
Where is it based?
The scheme and placements will be based in Northern Ireland.
Who is eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these two questions:
- Are you a legal resident of Northern Ireland?
- Are you available to participate in the scheme from December 2017 – 31 May 2018?
If you cannot answer YES to these two questions please do not apply. In-eligible applications will be automatically discarded.
What are the priorities?
- Applicants who have strong organisational skills and can demonstrate they are motivated individuals, driven to succeed and develop knowledge/skills.
- Works co-operatively with others as part of a team.
- Can build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Committed to achieving goals.
Experience/knowledge of animation workflows and scheduling systems is desirable but not essential.
Full specification details for the role can be found here.
How do I apply?
To apply to the Trainee Studio Production Co-ordinator scheme, applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- A ONE A4 page letter of application confirming that you meet the eligibility requirements of the scheme, demonstrating your organisational skills, willingness to learn, ability to work as part of a team and evidence of self motivation along with your aims for the future and how this scheme would help you achieve them.
- A current CV with the contact details of two referees.
- A completed monitoring form.
Hardcopies can be obtained by contacting Paula Campbell at Northern Ireland Screen on 028 90 232444. For application queries please contact Paula via email: [email protected]
Send both pages of the completed application form, along with all required application materials to:
Trainee Studio Production Co-ordinator
Northern Ireland Screen
3rd Floor, Alfred House
21 Alfred Street
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of Northern Ireland Screen will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- The information contained within the applicant’s letter.
- Strength of CV and references from referees.
- Suitability of the scheme for the applicant, i.e. how the individual’s career will benefit from a Trainee Studio Production Co-ordinator role.
- In the event of a high number of applications being received the desirable criteria will be used to shortlist for interview.
NOTE: Short listed applicants will be invited for interview in the week of 27th November 2017.
Deadline for applications: 1200 hrs Thursday 23rd November 2017
PLEASE NOTE: under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this deadline.
Applications cannot be submitted by email or fax.
Northern Ireland Screen is committed to promoting diversity Northern Ireland Screen will provide equal opportunity for all applicants.
We will not discriminate on any grounds including:
- Socio-economic class
- Employment status
- Educational attainment
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinion
- Marital status
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as and when appropriate.