Camera Trainee 2018
Northern Ireland Screen intends to run a skills development programme called Camera Trainee 2018. The programme will provide a training opportunity with a local facilities company
Applicants MUST in their application letter, demonstrate they have good organisational and problem-solving skills as well as excellent communication skills. They should also demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure.
The placement will run from April 2018 – 31 March 2019 and the participant will gain experience working in the busy hire department of a local facilities company as well as assisting camera crews on location.
Where is it based?
The scheme and placements will be based in Northern Ireland.
Who is eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these two questions:
- Are you a legal resident of Northern Ireland?
- Are you available to participate in the scheme from April 2018 – 31 March 2019?
If you cannot answer YES to these two questions please do not apply. In-eligible applications will be automatically discarded.
- A personal ambition to work in the film and television industry.
- Good organisational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A full job specification can be found here.
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Relevant experience in a media, film or television environment.
- Proven technical ability with professional television equipment.
- Ability to use post production software eg Resolve, Shotput Pro etc.
- A full clean driving licence
How do I apply?
To apply to the Camera Trainee 2018, applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- A completed monitoring form.
- A ONE A4 page letter of application confirming that you meet the eligibility requirements of the scheme, demonstrating your ambition to work in the film & television industry, evidence strong communication and organisational skills along with your aims for the future and how this scheme would help you achieve them.
- A current CV with the contact details of two referees.
- A showreel (if available)
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of Northern Ireland Screen will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- The information contained within the applicant’s letter.
- Strength of CV and references from referees.
- Suitability of the scheme for the applicant, i.e. how the individual’s career will benefit from the Camera Trainee 2018 scheme.
- In the event of a high number of applications being received the desirable criteria will be used to shortlist for interview.
NOTE: Short listed applicants will be invited for interview in the week of 19th March 2018.
How do I obtain application details?
Application information can be obtained online via the links above or hardcopies can be obtained by contacting Paula Campbell at Northern Ireland Screen on 028 90 232444. For application queries please contact Paula via email.
Send both pages of the completed application form, along with all required application materials to:
Camera Trainee 2018
Northern Ireland Screen
3rd Floor, Alfred House
21 Alfred Street
Deadline for applications: 1200 hrs Friday 9th March 2018
PLEASE NOTE: under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this deadline.
Applications cannot be submitted by email or fax.
NB: Due to the high volume of applications Northern Ireland Screen receive, unfortunately we are unable to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
Northern Ireland Screen is committed to promoting diversity. Northern Ireland Screen will provide equal opportunity for all applicants.
We will not discriminate on any grounds including:
- Socio-economic class
- Employment status
- Educational attainment
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinion
- Marital status
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as and when appropriate.