Northern Ireland Screen intends to run a skills development programme called ANIMATOR/MODELLER 2018. The programme will provide a training opportunity in an emerging start up.
ANIMATOR/MODELLER 2018 is a paid placement scheme (NMW/NLW), the placement will run for 12 months from January 2019 and the participant will gain valuable experience working within the video programming department.
Where is it based?
The position will be based in Belfast.
Who is eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply if you can answer YES to these two questions:
- Are you a legal resident of Northern Ireland?
- Are you available to participate in the scheme from January 2019?
- If you cannot answer YES to these two questions please do not apply. In-eligible applications will be automatically discarded.
What are the priorities?
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Art or other relevant training
- Experience in using 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder is advantageous
- Good working knowledge of industry standard animation software such as 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Experience in hand-keyed animation is desirable
What is the Job Specification?
How do I apply?
To apply to ANIMATOR/MODELLER 2018 applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form.
- A ONE A4 page letter of application confirming that you meet the eligibility requirements of the position, and have a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- A current CV with the contact details of two referees.
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of Northern Ireland Screen will assess your application based on the following criteria:
- The information contained within the applicant’s letter.
- Strength of CV and references from referees.
- In the event of a high number of applications being received, the desirable criteria will be used to shortlist for interview.
How do I obtain application details?
Hard copies can be obtained by contacting Kerry Flynn at Northern Ireland Screen on 028 90 232444.
For application queries please contact Kerry via email : [email protected]
Email both pages of the completed application form, along with all required application materials to: [email protected] and state in the subject line ANIMATOR/MODELLER 2018
Or send both pages of the completed application form, along with all required application materials to:
3rd Floor, Alfred House
21 Alfred Street
Deadline for applications is 1200hrs on Friday 7th December 2018
PLEASE NOTE: under no circumstances will applications be accepted after this deadline.
Applications cannot be submitted by fax.
Northern Ireland Screen will try to accommodate applicants who request alternative dates or times for interviews, but this may not always be possible. Any specific needs relating to access will be accommodated.
NB: Due to the high volume of applications Northern Ireland Screen receive, unfortunately we are unable to offer individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
There may be a reserve list of applicants drawn up for this post which would last for a maximum of 12 months. Should a similar post become vacant within this time, it may be offered to those on the reserve list, in order of merit, without further interview.
Northern Ireland Screen is committed to promoting diversity Northern Ireland Screen will provide equal opportunity for all applicants.
We will not discriminate on any grounds including:
- Socio-economic class
- Employment status
- Educational attainment
- Sexual orientation
- Political opinion
- Marital status
We will monitor our programmes on an ongoing basis and target any under-represented groups as and when appropriate.