The Marketing Department of Northern Ireland Screen organises and hosts trade missions throughout the year, inviting applications from the Northern Ireland screen industry to participate.
Trade missions are organised group visits to target markets. They provide an excellent opportunity for individuals and companies to visit markets and festivals both at home and abroad, to promote Northern Ireland produced projects, to seek finance for future projects, to network with industry professionals, as well as generate interest from distributors, broadcasters, commissioners, sales agents, literary and talent agents, producer reps and other valuable industry leads.
Trade Missions are made possible through the Northern Ireland Screen Marketing Department budget, supported by Invest NI and part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
General guidelines can be downloaded from this page.
TRADE MISSION TO CANNES MARCHE DU FILM 2013
Northern Ireland Screen is seeking to lead a trade mission of Northern Ireland film-makers to the Cannes Marché du Film which takes place from 15-24 May 2013.
As part of its overall remit to help grow a dynamic and sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland, our objective through this targeted intervention is to help the participants further their skills in this arena , inform them of industry standards and requirements and network with peers and contacts, so they can compete effectively within the global industry.
Northern Ireland Screen will offer financial assistance with travel, accommodation and registration fee of £750 per person to attend for a maximum of 2 people per company, therefore a maximum of £1,500 per company is available.
There are strict eligibility criteria in place for trade missions, for which you must supply evidence. Full Trade Missions general guidelines are available to download from the Marketing and Information section of the website. Please read these guidelines before you decide to apply. In addition, please note that for the Marché du Film, the supplemental criteria are:
How to apply
- For the purposes of this trade mission, a film-maker is either a producer or a director.
- If you are a director, you must attend with your producing partner.
- Northern Ireland Screen will not fund directors to attend the Marché du Film without the producer of the project also being present.
- This offer is currently not open to writers.
- You must be a Northern Ireland Screen client with at least one feature film currently in development with Northern Ireland Screen or with a completed film seeking sales agent representation and/or distribution.
- Northern Ireland Screen reserves the right to adjudge whether your project is at the right stage for this trade mission.
- As places are strictly limited, Northern Ireland Screen will be treating eligible applications on a first come first served basis.
- If your application is successful, you must commit to attend a Northern Ireland Screen briefing meeting which will take place either in Northern Ireland Screen offices or by telephone. This is not negotiable. If you apply to participate in the trade mission, are accepted and then do not participate in a briefing, you will be disqualified from participating and any monies paid out will have to be repaid.
- If your application is successful, you must commit to register for the Marché du Film (MARKET) and NOT the festival.
- If your application is successful, you must make provision to be in Cannes for Saturday 18th May to attend the Northern Ireland Screen event.
Please ensure you have read and understood the general guidelines for Trade Missions, as well as the supplemental criteria outlined above.
If you believe you meet the criteria, please email the Marketing Department by 12 noon Friday 15th March with your expression of interest.
In the subject line of your email put “Marché du Film Trade Mission” and within your email outline the following:
- Your company name;
- The name of the participant(s) from your company – Northern Ireland Screen will fund a maximum of 2 at £750 each/£1,500 per company;
- The job title/capacity of the participant(s);
- The name of the feature film title currently in development with Northern Ireland Screen or completed feature film funded by Northern Ireland Screen.
If you are judged to meet the criteria, you will be informed by Friday 22nd March at the latest; we will forward an application form which you must complete and return by email by a deadline of Friday 29th March 2013.
Assuming all is in order on your application form, you will be informed by Friday 5th April that you are accepted onto the trade mission. Please ensure you can meet these deadlines before you express your interest.Trade Missions are made possible through the Northern Ireland Screen Marketing Department budget, supported by Invest NI and part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.