Trade Mission to EFM, Berlin, 2015.
Date Posted: November 17, 2014
Northern Ireland Screen is seeking to lead a trade mission to the European Film Market which takes place in Berlin from 5-13 February 2015.
Northern Ireland Screen will offer financial assistance towards market registration, travel, accommodation and subsistence of £515 per individual applicant; a maximum of 2 staff members from the same company may apply.
As part of its overall remit to help grow a dynamic and sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland, our objective through this targetted intervention is to help the participants further their skills in this arena, inform them of industry standards and requirements and network with peers and contacts, so they can compete effectively within the global industry.
There are strict eligibility criteria in place for trade missions. Full Trade Missions guidelines are available to download from the Marketing and Information section of the website; additional criteria for the EFM 2015 Trade Mission, for which you must provide evidence, if asked, are:
- You must be resident for tax purposes in Northern Ireland.
- For the purposes of this trade mission, a film-maker is either a producer or a director.
- If you are a director, you must attend with your producing partner.
- Northern Ireland Screen will not fund directors to attend the EFM without the producer of the project also being present.
- A producer may attend without a director.
- This offer is currently not open to writers.
- You must be a current Northern Ireland Screen client with at least one project (feature film or transmedia project) currently in development with Northern Ireland Screen.
- Northern Ireland Screen reserves the right to adjudge whether the project(s) is/are ready for market and this will have a bearing on the eligibility on your application.
- As places are strictly limited, Northern Ireland Screen will be treating eligible applications on a first-come first-served basis.
- The number of Trade Missions for which you have been previously funded by Northern Ireland Screen will be taken into consideration and if this Trade Mission is over-subscribed then newcomers may be given preference, in addition to the first-come first-served regulation.
- If your application is successful, you must register for the Market Badge at the early bird rate by 30th November.
HOW TO APPLY
Please ensure you have read and understood the general guidelines for Trade Missions, as well as the supplemental criteria outlined above. If you believe you meet the criteria, please download and complete the application form and monitoring form here:
and return to Moyra Lock at Northern Ireland Screen via email with “EFM 2015” in the subject line, or by post/hand to Moyra Lock, Head of Marketing, Comms & Audiences, Northern Ireland Screen, 3rd Floor Alfred House, 21 Alfred Street, Belfast BT2 8ED to arrive by the deadline.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 5PM WEDNESDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2014. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered for the Trade Mission.
Trade Missions are made possible through the Northern Ireland Screen Marketing Department budget, supported by Invest NI and part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.