Cinemagic Festival 2016 call for entries
Date Posted: January 20, 2016
Cinemagic has launched its call for entries for the 2016 Cinemagic Festival. This year’s festival will run from 7th – 30th October 2016.
Cinemagic is an international film festival for young people based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It was established in 1989 and over the years it has developed a worldwide reputation for excellence in children’s programming and is currently the largest award-winning children’s film festival in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The festival includes international film screenings, movie premieres, industry Q&A’s, discussions, competitions and master classes in all aspects of filmmaking.
Cinemagic is a competitive festival with prizes for:
- Best feature film for a young adult audience (The Golden Reel Award)
- Best feature film for a teenage audience (The Silver Reel Award)
- Best feature film for a youth audience (The Emerald Reel Award)
- Best feature film for a junior audience (The Golden Star Award)
- Best feature film for a young audience (The Silver Star Award)
- Best feature film for a children’s audience (The Emerald Star Award)
- Best short film for a primary school audience (Jury’s Out Award 8+)
- Best short film for a secondary jnr school audience (Jury’s Out Award 12+)
- Best short film for a secondary school audience (Jury’s Out Award 15+)
Films made within the years 2014 – 2016 are eligible for competition. Cinemagic is interested in all types of films and programmes for children and young people from preschool through to young adult.
Deadline for entries is 25th July 2016. All entries will be judged by a previewing committee. Successful entrants will be notified by 26th August 2016.
If you would like to enter or need more information please visit the Cinemagic website.