Archive digitisation and preservation workshop at PRONI
Date Posted: March 13, 2018
In partnership with the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI), the Film, Sound & Photography Section (FSPS) of the Archives and Records Association is pleased to announce a day-long workshop on Tuesday 20th March 2018, held at PRONI.
This event is aimed at archivists interested in film and sound, and will focus on areas such as digitisation and preservation with speakers from Northern Ireland Screen, the Irish Film Institute and National Museums Northern Ireland (NMNI). The aim is to inspire as much as to educate, and archivists of all levels and experience should find something rewarding from its content.
The programme for the event is as follows:
- 10:00-10:15 Arrival and Registration
- 10:15-10:30 Welcome and Introduction
- 10:30-11:30 CASE STUDY: Unlocking Our Sound Heritage: Northern Ireland Hub Report Peter Carson, NMNI
- 11:30-11:45 Tea & Coffee
- 11:45-12:30 CASE STUDY: Creatively (re)Using Moving Image Francis Jones, Northern Ireland Screen
- 12:30-12:45 Q&A (morning session)
- 12:45-13:45 Lunch
- 13:45-15:15 PRACTICAL WORKSHOP: An Introduction to Moving Image Preservation and Digitisation Workflows Kasandra O’Connell, Irish Film Institute and Raelene Casey, Irish Film Institute
- 15:15-15:30 Tea Break
- 15:30-16:00 Q&A (afternoon session)
- 16:00-16:15 Close
Tickets £15 (lunch included)
With a fantastic range of knowledgeable and experienced heritage professionals on hand to answer your questions, this event will be an excellent opportunity to network, build partnerships and share ideas around film and sound collections in Northern Ireland.
Don’t miss out! Book Online here.