Ulster-Scots Broadcast Fund (USBF) Investment Committee seeks members
Northern Ireland Screen is seeking to appoint up to three independent representatives for the Ulster-Scots Broadcast Fund (USBF) Investment Committee.
The new Investment Committee, chaired by a Northern Ireland Screen Board Member, will also consist of nominated members by the Ulster-Scots Agency Board and BBC NI. Noting the current gender imbalance, Northern Ireland Screen would welcome applications from suitably qualified female applicants.
The Investment Committee will be expected to provide academic rigour, have Ulster-Scots community links, and production/broadcasting knowledge.
The USBF Investment Committee has delegated authority within Northern Ireland Screen to make funding decisions regarding the Ulster-Scots Broadcast Fund. Committee Members are appointed for a 2 year term and it is anticipated that the Committee will meet approximately 4 times a year.
- Evidence knowledge of production and/or broadcasting;
- Demonstration of an interest in and/or links to Ulster-Scots language, heritage and/or culture;
- Evidence of a willingness to promote the work of the Fund and the decisions of the Committee.
- Graduate or postgraduate qualification/s in a relevant field;
- Evidence of links to groups promoting Ulster-Scots language, heritage and/or culture;
- Experience in production and/or past appearances in the media on language, heritage or culture-related topics;
- Experience in funding and working as a corporate entity with decisions made by consensus;
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the work of Northern Ireland Screen;
- Current or previous membership of a board or committee
Please download the information for applicants, the application form and the monitoring form. Alternatively, email Elsie Brown or phone on 028 90 232444.The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon Friday 8th February 2013.
Late applications will not be accepted.