Shorts to Features 2018/19
An initiative which provides an opportunity for emerging creative teams to create a short film which is tonally and thematically aligned with their feature film ambitions.
Duration of Scheme
Development process from June 2018 to March 2019 and eventual production process for up to 3 selected projects after initial development period. There is the possibility of transport bursaries for participation on the development scheme if required.
£26,500 which includes an in-kind contribution of £6,500. The attached production company supplies the in-kind contribution.
Who can apply?
Emerging talent (writer, writer/director and producer teams) with at least three previous short film credits in chosen grade. Both funded and independently made projects will be considered at application stage.
How do I apply?
- Applicants must apply with the current draft of their feature film project and one-page outline for a proof of concept short which is tonally aligned to the feature film project. The feature project submitted must have previously received development funding from Northern Ireland Screen.
- Please fill out and return an application form by post to ‘Shorts to Features’, Northern Ireland Screen, 21 Alfred Street, Belfast, BT2 8ED.
- Please also return a monitoring form marked for the attention of The Monitoring Officer.
- Please include current CV with full contact details for all the creative team attached.
- Vimeo links to at least three previously completed short films. Both funded and independently made projects will be considered at application stage. Please email Vimeo links to Christine Morrow.
Proud to be a partner of